Our website address is: SilverLiningMoments.com.
At Silver Lining Moments, we take your privacy and personal data seriously. Right now, “we” means me, Kerry Raleigh. I am guided by, governed by, and grounded with the core principal that I want Silver Lining Moments to respect and protect your privacy and personal data as I would like others to protect mine — which is a lot. As Silver Lining Moments grows and expands, each new component and each new team member or collaborator will embrace and embody this core value:
We respect you, your personal data, and your privacy.
As a starting point, Silver Lining Moments wants as little of your personal data as possible and we want to protect your personal data as much as we possibly can.
- If, and only if, you expressly consent and give us permission to have your name, email, and/or phone number (you choose), we will store that personal data with our email and marketing platform, which is currently MailChimp and on password protected local storage. You decide on the type of emails and communications that you receive from us. If you do not want to receive any emails or communications from us, that is fine too.
- If, and only if, you choose to GIVE a SLM by sharing a SLM Story or SLM Photo, you give us permission to share your SLM story or SLM photo on our website and social media pages. You decide how we refer to you when we share these: anonymously, first name and last name, first name and initial of your last name, or first name only. We will store your SLM Stories, SLM Photos, and any information you provide to us relating to same with our email and marketing platorm, which is currently MailChimp, and we may store them our cloud storage, which is currently DropBox, and on password protected local storage.
- Other than our email and marketing platform and third- party professionals who we engage to help us with our business activities and who have agreed in writing: (1) to maintain such information in confidence, and (2) to use such information solely in performance of their services to us, we do not share your information with anyone else.
- We have specifically chosen to not use and to not enable any third-party trackers or apps that allow us to see your social media footprint, likes, or preferences when you use our website. We believe that we can grow and expand organically in way that is aligned with our values – including our value of respecting your personal data and your privacy. HOWEVER…
- Yes, there are a some “HOWEVERs”:
- However, the information stored in our email and marketing platform, which is currently MailChimp, is subject to MailChimp’s privacy and data protection policies and practices. Here is a link o MailChimp’s policies: https://mailchimp.com/legal/. Likewise, information stored in our cloud storage, which is currently DropBox, is subject to Drop Box’s privacy and data protection policies and practices, Here is a link to DropBox’s policies: https://www.dropbox.com/privacy.
- However, there is a bit about cookies and information from servers which is explained in better detail below.
- What is personal Information?
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we share your data?
- How do we store & protect your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Children under 13
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION & PERSONAL DATA
Personal information is data that identifies you or that makes you identifiable. It includes data that could be used to identify, locate, track, or contact you. Your name, emails and phone numbers are included in personal information. Information on server logs and cookies may, in some instances and with some effort, identify you; this type of information is also included in Personal Information.
Personal Data is a subset of personal information and for our purposes is limited to your name, your email address, and your phone number.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The data we process (collect, use, and share) about you depends on who you are and how we interact with you.
Silver Lining Moments collects three types of data from you: Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Data”), Information from Web Server Logs, and Information from Cookies.
- As for your Personal Data, we collect: your Name, Email Address, and Phone Number, if and only if you expressly choose to give us this information,
- We also collect your SLM Stories and your SLM photos, if and only if you expressly choose to share these with us.
- Information from Web Server Logs and Cookies such as
- Internet protocol addresses
- The kind of browser or computer being used
- Number of links clicked within the site
- State or country from which our website is accessed
- Date and time of visits to our website
- Name of the Internet service provider through which our website was accessed
- Referring website linking to our site
- Pages viewed on our website
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
You directly provide Silver Lining Moments with most of the data that we collect. We collect and process data when:
- You request to receive free materials from our website such as excerpts from Silver Lining Moments: A Practice of Gratitude & Resilience, or a sample of The BEING Journals.
- You voluntarily GIVE a SLM by sharing a SLM Story or SLM Photo.
- You voluntarily register and expressly consent to receive materials or communications from us such as SLM newsletters, SLM updates, SLM Stories, or SLM Photos.
- You use or view our website with or without your browser’s cookies enabled.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA?
As for your Personal Data, Silver Lining Moments uses your personal data so that we can:
- Email or message you SLM newsletters and SLM updates, if and only if you expressly consent to receiving such emails
- Email or message you with SLM Stories or SLM photos, if and only if you expressly consent to receiving such messages
- Email or message you with upcoming SLM events that may interest you, if and only if you expressly consent to receiving such emails or messages
- Assess the effectiveness of any marketing or promotional materials sent from MailChimp
As for data from Web Server Logs and Cookies, we use this data so that we can identify which pages are accessed and the effectiveness of any marketing or promotional materials.
Use of Web Beacons or Gif Files
Some services that are utilized on our website (such as MailChimp, YouTube, Libsyn) may contain electronic images known as Web beacons – sometimes also called single-pixel gifs – that allow these services to count users who have visited those pages. Silver Lining Moments may include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Some of these Web beacons may be placed by third party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications. These Web beacons may be used by these service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or emails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site. For example, we may create an ad to be used in Facebook. Facebook may use Web beacons with this ad that allow Facebook and us to know how you interacted with that ad such as whether you opened a link to our website from that ad.
Unless you explicitly agree, Silver Lining Moments will not share your data with anyone other than to the extent it is necessary to fulfill our business activities.
If you provide a SLM Story or SLM Photo and if you expressly consent for us to do so, we may share these on our social media accounts.
In some instances, we may engage third parties to help us with our business activities, which may require their use or access to your data. We will only share your information with such third parties if they have agreed in writing: (1) to maintain such information in confidence, and (2) to use such information solely in performance of their services to us.
We do not disclose your data without your permission except to the extent necessary including:
- To protect ourselves, our customer or our vendors from liability or to defend our rights, including investigations of fraud or misconduct,
- To respond to legal process or comply with law, including subpoenas, or
- To entities under common ownership or control with us or to our owners, or
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
Should any of these situations happen, we will attempt to provide you with notice before we disclose your personal information, unless there is a compelling reason to not to do so.
HOW DO WE STORE & PROTECT YOUR DATA?
Silver Lining Moments stores your Personal Data and information from our web server logs and Cookies on a server located in the United States. The current provider of the server is Digital Ocean, which is headquartered in New York City. Cloudways, a company located in Malta, hosts and maintains the server.
Your Personal Data
Your SLM Stories or SLM Photos are stored on password protected local storage, and in DropBox. We will keep your SLM Stories and SLM Photos until you request us to delete them from our records. However, if we shared them with other platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube, we will keep them on such platforms as long as Silver Lining Moments’ social media accounts are active unless you specifically request us to delete them from these platforms and the platform allows us to do so.
Information from Web Server Logs & Cookies:
Our service providers use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the personal information that we collect from you against loss, theft and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Digital Ocean’s data protection practices are set forth here: https://www.digitalocean.com/trust/faq. Cloudways’ data protection practices are set forth here: https://www.cloudways.com/blog/gdpr/.
No security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the security during transmission to us of the information you supply over the Internet. You can help us by taking precautions to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet and only disclose information that you want made public. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers and make sure to use a secure web browser.
Silver Lining Moments would like to send you information about our products and services that we think you might like. We will do this if and only if you have expressly agreed to receive such information.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Silver Lining Moments from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you wish to no longer be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
Silver Lining Moments would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. The GDPR provides these rights to all users in Europe. However, we extend these rights to all users of Silver Lining Moments. Therefore, every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access: You have the right to request Silver Lining Moments for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification (to correct) your information: You have the right to request that Silver Lining Moments correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Silver Lining Moments to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure/deletion: You have the right to request that Silver Lining Moments erase or delete your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Silver Lining Moments restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Silver Lining Moments’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right of data portability: You have the right to request that Silver Lining Moments transfer the data that we have collected from or about you to another organization, directly to you, or as directed by you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
For further information visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
Silver Lining Moments reserves the right to share aggregated site statistics with our service providers as needed but does not allow other companies to place cookies on our website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as cookies from MailChimp for MailChimp sign-up forms ).
DO NOT TRACK
We have not implemented any technology that would effectively recognize do not track signals. Note that some content available on our website is made available through relationships with third party providers, such as MailChimp, Libsyn, and YouTube, who we do not control and who may collect and/or disclose personally identifiable information. See Privacy Policies of Other Websites.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We do not specifically market to or knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 for marketing purposes or for any purpose. Because some information is collected online, it may not appear to be the personal information of a child under 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you are under 13, please do not register for any of our services or provide us any information about yourself (such as your name, email address or phone number).
HOW TO CONTACT US OR TO GET MORE INFORMATION
For your protection, we may only share and update the personal information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. Please do not send sensitive personal information, passwords, banking details, or credit/debit card details via email. We will never ask for such information from you via email.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Silver Lining Moments has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact:
In the EU:
In the UK:
ICO (The UK’s Information Commission Office) at: https://ico.org.uk
In the USA:
Other countries may have their own privacy related agencies to assist their citizens or residents.