A SLM conversation with Katie Ravindranath
Silver Lining Moments:
a space for conversations, thoughts, and ideas that expand love and light
A traveler to many lands, Katie’s most meaningful journey has been one to her own personal growth. This episode starts and ends with Katie’s passion for creating more holistic education systems. For me, the conversation naturally coming around full circle shows how when we heal old traumas and give self-love to ourselves, we can overflow with love in our hearts and our thoughts toward others. To go full circle and get to this conclusion, a LOT was discussed in between.
- The moment when she realized that she wanted to “stop spewing chaos” in the world,
- How, as a child, she went from being bullied to one who bullied,
- Her journey as an adult back home to heal some childhood trauma,
- Her experiences volunteering at Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity that led her to question her own kindness and forced her to a place of letting go, surrendering, and finding clarity
- Tools, practices, and counseling that helped her work through depression and anxiety,
- Being a wife and new Mom, living in rural India, and enjoying the simple joy in life.
All this led Katie to place where she is at peace just being herself, where she enjoys the simple things in everyday life, and where she is okay “being nobody, going nowhere”. And, from this, I realize how:
a moment of DOING NOTHING is lined by FULLY BEING
Thank you for listening to Silver Lining Moments.
By Katie sharing and by you listening, together we are:
expanding love and light,
one person at a time,
one story at a time,
one Silver Lining Moment at a time.